Pretty neat, isn’t it?
Well, lead generation does exactly that by helping you reach out to a targeted market. Note that these prospects actually know you and are interested in what you have to offer.
See, when your business is online, your website is the doorstep to your business. When people visit your doorstep, you have prospects coming in!
So, how do you turn these prospects into actual leads?
Simple. Here are three easy steps in using lead generation on your website.
- Landing Page. The sole purpose of this page on your site is to generate leads. A landing page, also known as a “lander,” usually appears as a pop-up window as soon as you enter a website. It contains a form that grabs user data in exchange for free information or offer. The aim of a landing page is to convert site visitors into sales leads. However, be careful neither to ask too much information that your prospects would not complete the form, nor ask too little that your sales people will have a hard time in the sales process.
- Offer. In lead generation, an offer is anything from useful content to interesting products. Your offer must garner attention from your prospects to persuade them to provide their information. Your offer must be enticing enough for them to allow future communication and follow-ups. Examples of effective offers include webcasts, e-books, and product samples, among others.
- Call-to-Action. An offer and a landing page would be pointless if no one can get to them. For you to send site visitors to your landing page and offer, you must have an effective call-to-action (CTA). A CTA could be an image, button, or text that urges your site visitors to take immediate action and redirects them to your landing page.
3 Easy Steps Simplified
- Prospect visits your website, sees your call-to-action, and clicks on it.
- Prospect then arrives on your landing page, finds your offer, and decides to fill out the form in exchange for your content or product.
- Prospect submits the form, gets your offer, and you just landed a new lead!
See? Lead generation really is as simple as 1-2-3. Now, you can try them on your website and see those leads flow in!